Why You Should Get Feedback From Your Students and How to Get It
Stop worrying about keeping up with your competitors and focus more on keeping up with your students. Have you ever asked your students what they think? Like verbally asked them their opinion on something? As a business owner, it’s important to cater to the needs of your students.
Here is why you should be asking students for feedback:
- Understand your student’s needs. This is probably the most important thing you’ll ever need to master as a business owner. Knowing this is what will help your company grow. As your students develop more needs, you’ll be able to provide solutions, and many of them.
- Help students feel more connected. What better way for students to feel more connected than by asking for their input? This not only lets you know what they like and don’t like, but it also gives them a sense of ownership.
- Free advertising. Students who are happy will help spread the word about your business.
- Get Inspiration. Asking students for feedback can help you create new ideas.
- Customer loyalty. People are more likely to buy from a brand that has asked for their opinion because they feel valued.
The list of reasons to ask for feedback can go on and on. However difficult it may be at times, the customer is always right. Everyone has opinions, and though it may not be the vision you have, sometimes these opinions are really helpful. Asking for feedback will help you understand student’s shopping behavior. This will help you better understand their needs and how to provide solutions to them.
Now let’s discuss the right questions to ask. Asking for feedback is not just as simple as “Hello, did you find everything you were looking for today?” (We’re looking at you grocery store cashier). Asking the right questions and acting on this feedback is how you will grow as a business.
Here are some questions you should be asking your students:
- How likely is it that you would recommend our service to a friend or colleague? You’ve probably been asked this question a ton of times in feedback surveys, but it’s an important question to ask. This question is a good indicator if you will have a repeat customer.
- What did you like about your experience? This will let you know why they are happy.
- What did you not like about your experience? Listen up here! Learn more about your students and why they want to shop with you but you’re denying them the service they’re looking for. Take this information and act on it.
- What can we do better?
Learn what your students like and what they don’t like. Asking your students for feedback not only gives them a sense of ownership, but it also makes them feel valued. In providing feedback the students wants to see their ideas succeed. You win, they win, everybody wins.