Email is a great way to communicate with your customers. If you’re not already utilizing email marketing, it’s never too late to start. Your students check their email nearly every day, if not multiple times a day. With the holiday season just around the corner (literally in a few weeks!) it’s time for you to start getting ready for the season. While it’s important to maintain your social media posts and SEO, you could be missing a huge chunk of your audience if you’re not using email marketing.
Why emails are great for small businesses:
- It’s a great way to get your students’ attention. Your students check their email frequently. This is a great opportunity for you to communicate with them, even when they’re not in your store.
- They encourage repeat business. You have loyal customers already. Stop focusing on gaining new costumers when you should be focusing on keeping your current customers.
- Give them a sweet deal. Emails are a great way to keep your customers excited about sales. Offer coupon codes. Coupons encourage your students to buy more. Even if they didn’t have the intention to buy before you can give them a reason, and that reason is saving.
- Show your students you know what you’re talking about. Share industry news, put out newsletters about what’s happening in your store, make special announcements.
- Get your e-commerce site up to speed. If you’re sending out emails your e-commerce site should reflect a quality site.
Emails are a great way to communicate with your students. It’s important to make sure your students aren’t left feeling like they’re just another customer. Tell your students what’s going on in your store. Do you have special promotions going on? Did you just start offering a new service? Remind them of an old one (like book buybacks). Your students want to know what’s going on. Get the most out of your marketing efforts by tracking your emails. By tracking your emails you can determine what is working and what isn’t working in your email campaigns, as well as what day and time of day is the best to send out emails and what is generating the most profit.