It happened. Thanksgiving came and went, and your school is one of many that asked students not to return to campus after the holidays to prevent the spread of COVID. Never in a million years did you think you’d find your store in the position of having to close your store early for in-store business. Just because your doors are closed doesn’t mean your sales have to come to an end. If there’s one thing that has been of key importance this year over everything else, it’s having a well laid out e-commerce site. This is one thing that many small businesses often don’t put enough importance on, and that’s a huge miss because this might be the only way your store sees any sales for the next few months.
- A good user experience. Gen Z students were born in a digital age. They know a good website within seconds. If there’s a lag of any sort, it’ll be a deterrent for anyone trying to use it.
- Keep it simple. A clean and simple design is easy to follow and navigate through. This creates a trusting relationship between your customer and your website.
- Make sure you have images of the products you’re selling. You can’t expect anyone to make a purchase on any website without seeing the image of what it is. And don’t just use any image. Use a high-quality photo of the product. Want some bonus points? Offer a zoom option. The more information you can provide a consumer the more credible you become and the more likely they are to make a purchase.
- Feature Best Sellers on your homepage—This is not optional on your bookstore’s website. Maybe there’s a sweatshirt that all the students are wearing that one wants to buy. Whatever the top seller may be, it’s something that students want for a reason. Make it easier for them to find it on your website with the best seller’s section.
- Embed price filters. This is widely used on many retailers’ websites. Gen Z students are thrifty. They’re going to love being able to organize search results by price.
We feel for you, and we are here to help you succeed during these times. To our valued resellers, check with your Account Manager to see if we have downloadable assets available for your store to use during these times that you’re relying on your store’s website to make sales.
Education focused. Relationship driven.
Contact your Account Manager at 800-279-2795.